Mr Andrew Yakubu is the new Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
Full press release below:
PRESIDENT JONATHAN APPROVES RE-COMPOSITION OF NNPC MANAGEMENT TEAM
To further strengthen the ongoing reforms and transformation of Nigeria’s Petroleum sector, and in furtherance of efforts to achieve greater transparency and accountability in government, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has approved the re-composition of the executive management team of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) as follows:
1. Engr. Andrew Yakubu – Group Managing Director
2. Mr. Bernard O.N. Otti – Group Executive Director (Finance and Accounts)
3. Engr. Abiye Membere – Group Executive Director (Exploration and Production)
4. Dr. Peter S. Nmadu – Group Executive Director (Corporate Services)
5. Engr. Anthony Ogbuigwe – Group Executive Director (Refineries & Petrochemicals)
6. Dr. Attahir B. Yusuf – Group Executive Director (Commercial & Investments)
7. Dr. David Ige – Group Executive Director (Gas & Power)
The incoming Group Managing Director, Engr. Andrew Yakubu graduated from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1979 with a degree in Chemical Engineering. He joined the NNPC in 1980. Positions he has held in the corporation include Managing Director of the Warri Refining and Petrochemicals Company and Group Executive Director (Exploration and Production). Engr. Yakubu is an indigene of Kaduna State and a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
President Jonathan has also approved the appointment of Engr. Victor Briggs as the new Managing Director of the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC).
The incumbent Group Managing Director, Engr. Austen Oniwon, and Mr. Michael Arokodare (outgoing Group Executive Director (Finance and Accounts), Mr. Philip Chukwu, outgoing Group Executive Director (Refineries & Petrochemicals), and Engr. Billy Agha, outgoing Group Executive Director (Engineering & Technology) are to proceed on retirement.
President Jonathan commends the outgoing directors for their service to the nation and urges the new management team to be fully committed to rapidly implementing the critical interventions needed to positively transform Nigeria’s petroleum industry.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
June 26, 2012