An outpatient clinic for HIV/AIDS patients, APIN Clinic, at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital [LUTH] was totally razed this evening in Lagos.
A plumber in the teaching hospital who helped carry water to quell the fire said an electric spark might have caused the fire.
The fire began about 6.40pm Nigerian time but the Lagos State fire service arrived the scene without water waited for more than one hour and watched while the fire razed the whole building before other agencies including NEMA arrived with water tankers to put out the fire.
Items destroyed at wood-padded clinic include patient documents, laptops belonging to doctors, medical equipments and other electronic gadgets including air conditioning units.
There are no casualties according to hospital personnel and emergency official, however, a fire service worker was seriously injured and hospitalized.