The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the fire outbreak, which was allegedly caused by one Waheed popularly known as Labour, now at large, affected 25 stores stockpiled with electronic appliances.
A check by NAN showed that the fire which gutted the stores came from where Waheed was cooking in one of the shops.
Eyewitness told NAN that it has been the usual character of Waheed to be cooking with firewood or stove in the shop. Mrs Egwuatu Bennard, who owns two of the affected stores, was in a dismal state as most of her stockpiled electronic appliances were destroyed by fire.
Also, Mr Luqman Owolomose, a store owner bemoaned his lost to the inferno. NAN reports that the damages were curtailed by the quick intervention of the Oyo State Fire Service and Oyo State Emergency Management Agency (OYSEMA).
NAN also reports that similar incidence occurred at the same market some weeks back, which claimed a story building stockpiled with millions of naira worth of batteries and motorbikes spare parts.